Cybersecurity must be a priority for any company that handles or has access to sensitive data. However, your organization may benefit from outsourcing it to the experts. Employing security operations as a service (SOaaS) has many worthwhile benefits. Is having an off-site, third-party Security Operations Center the right choice for your company?
What a Security Operations Center Can Do For You
Since security is a 24/7/365 need for businesses, outsourcing it is becoming more common. Here are a few reasons why it makes a lot of sense for any sized company.
1. It gives you the ability to monitor your environment in real-time. When you employ security operations as a service, you have access to continuous, ongoing monitoring by a team of security experts to safeguard data and mitigate potential risks.
2. There is no cost for maintaining expensive security information and event management (SIEM) tools. The third-party provider handles all of the functions of the tools as well as the monitoring.
3. There is also no cost for employing analysts to maintain a SIEM tools’ effectiveness. Unlike some other managed services that only track the threats and data and then hand that information off to internal IT support to prioritize and mitigate, SOaaS utilizes the service providers full staff of analysts, who are employed round-the-clock.
4. The Security Operations Center (SOC) will contain and respond to incidents quickly without the need of internal IT personnel. Instead of simply collecting the data, the security as a service provider’s cybersecurity experts will detect and respond to incidents as quickly as they can, often in minutes not hours, days or weeks like may occur with internal. This drastic increase in response times makes your organization that much more secure.
5. The SOC also ensures your organization maintains compliance. With a wide array of regulations, mandatory protections and compliancy requirements, including GDPR, HIPAA, SOX and PCI DSS, regarding cybersecurity that are often subject to change, the SOC stays up to date and up to standards ensuring your compliancy and protecting your business from any potential legal trouble.
Are You Ready to Implement Security Operations as a Service?
To keep your company safe of threats and to stay ahead of your cyber defenses, you have to take a proactive rather than a reactive approach to information security programs. SOaaS is the perfect solution. Its ongoing monitoring by a team of security experts safeguards data and mitigates potential risks while freeing up your internal IT staff to handle day-to-day tasks and issues. This security and compliance solution allows organizations to protect against cyber-attacks, save on costs of resolving breaches and ultimately respond to threats quicker.